Powered By Blogger

Thursday 6 October 2011

JOBS – WELL DONE!

"I wake up to him…
I connect with him…
I interact with him…
I work with him…."
No – not with Steven Paul Jobs – but with his creations – the iPhone and the Apple Mac.

Why "him" and not "her"?
Come on guys, gimme a break! If your mean machine can "gently purr", show "elegance of her movement and speed" - why can't my comp and my iPhone be masculine and sexy? Huh?

Now back to Steve Jobs - we all know the facts – and those who don't can google them.
By the way, Apple was created on April Fool's day! What a start!

When Anil told me about Steve Jobs demise, I was not shocked – but suddenly very sad. I felt I'd lost a friend I had known and trusted for a while now. I wondered why… I realized:
• When Anil and I discussed presentations – Jobs presentations were exemplary.
• When we saw professional uncertainties – we were inspired by his belief of believing that "the dots connect"- that you have to trust in something and go with it – that you have to "keep searching and not settle"
• When I felt low on qualifications as compared to many others, Anil showed me my achievements – and I often thought to myself: "well, Jobs wasn't even a graduate – but look at what he's achieving!" I kept going as well…
• When I heard of his cancer in 2004, I thought, this is it! I had lost my mum to cancer just a year ago… I instantly disconnected myself from anyone who mentioned the disease – I still do – but am coming to terms with my loss – slowly, and at times tearfully… But he lived – and he didn't seem to have changed! Good for him, I thought.
• And now – as mentioned in the few lines at the beginning, I realize – Steve Jobs touches my life everyday as he does of the many others out there.

iPhone – my alarm clock, my connector to family and friends via easy smsing and calling, a window to the world via internet access, my GPS who helps me find my way.

Mac: ah! I wish the mac had a delete button, and a less sensitive mousepad… but other than that, it's perfect.

Okay – before I sound like an Apple ad… here's another thought.
Do I thank Gandhi as much as I thanked Jobs? No – no offence to him, and many others who've gone down in history for their deeds. Hey,it's simple - I didn't experience his "being" first hand – and then there are controversies that I cannot prove or otherwise.
Do I thank Sabir Bhatia for making Hotmail – the very platform on which I met my hot male? Hmm.. I do say "thanks to Hotmail" – but not Sabir.
But yes, I do say thanks to Jobs – each time I encounter another "wow" moment – for now atleast!

My kids will have another Gandhi, another Steve Jobs – but today – today is mine – and mine to put anyone on a pedestal or not…

So here's to Steve Jobs – go revolutionize Heaven – and say hi to mum for me while you're there! How? You're the communications guru – go figure!
Imagine this:
2004:
God: Steve?
Jobs: Not yet, got to get the global pulse
God: (Amused) Never heard of that excuse before. Okay… (puzzled)

2005 to 2011
Globe: WOW! Mac / ipod / iphones / ipads…. What next?

2011
God: (Impressed): Steve- remember your belief?
Steve: Believe in something… follow your instincts… connect the dots… keep searching
God: Erm… aren't you settling in too comfy a zone? You've perfected communication down there?

What about up here?
Steve: Good point! Lemme get my gadgets… Now – beam me up Goddy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Beautifully writte, Aradhna. I say, "JOB WELL DONE!!!" Keep writing.

Priti

MommyG said...

Well renditioned reality. Very well put n love your last bit. Very good

Sameer Raina said...

This is really beautiful and it really says a to how you fell about this. It is so nice to be in an era of Steve Jobs. each and every word he has said in his his speech is so true. Everything he has done is just a big WOW. I hope Apple is able to carry on is legacy. Sameer

Unknown said...

Thank you all - your comments keep me going... :)

IntubateU said...

Well done sis!

Unknown said...

a big thank you to anu, niti and mona for the encouragement via fb :)

Anonymous said...

Apple rules! Cheers! Mike!

Unknown said...

Thank you Mike. Apple rules!!! :)